One of the greatest gifts we can give to each other is time—time to laugh, to listen, and to enjoy the simple pleasures of being together. Mother’s Day is an invitation to create these special moments with your mom. While this year’s celebration may look different than years past, it can still be a day full of intention and heart.
In this season of social distancing, our conversations have the potential to be richer and bring us closer together, even when we’re miles apart. Why not dedicate this Mother’s Day to having a discussion date with Mom? Are there questions you have always wanted to ask her? Or experiences from her childhood you’d like to hear more about? Are there parts of your family tree you’d love to explore? Now is the time to dive in, record her reflections, and, in the process, make some lasting memories together.
Send Mom an invitation to enjoy her favorite warm drink or cold beverage with you over a video chat or a phone call—and let this Mother’s Day be a celebration of her stories, her insights, and your unique bond.
Here are a few questions to consider to help you get started:
- As a child, what were your home and neighborhood like?
- What were some of your favorite holidays growing up?
- Did you have a favorite childhood book or game?
- What are some ways you are like your parents? How are you different?
- What traits do I share with my grandparents?
- What things do you think you and I have in common?
- What was it like to become a mother?
- What are some of your very first memories of me?
- Who are some of the people you admire?
- What are some things you are proud of?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
If you are looking for additional questions to ask or a place to record your mother’s words, we invite you to explore our family keepsake products.