The start of a new year is often a time for resolutions—a time to set new goals, consider where there’s room for improvement, and resolve to approach life a little differently. But what if the flipping of this year’s calendar was a chance to affirm—an invitation to celebrate all that you already are and the possibilities that have always lived within you? What if instead of focusing our attention on to-dos, we committed to loving the truest parts of ourselves and giving them more space to grow?
We’ve gathered words of affirmation from our gift books, journals, and pop-open cards to help you welcome confidence and calm in this new year. Read them silently as personal reminders, speak them aloud at the start of each day, or choose one to meditate on whenever you’re looking for a little encouragement. We hope these quotes and sentiments offer you the words you need to fill this new season with inspiring intentions.
- You already are your own answer to every question, your own path to the future, your own light along the way. (You Are Here… Spiral Notebook)
- Remember to be gentle with yourself. Deep breaths are like little love notes to your body. (Finding Muchness)
- “Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are.” —Mandy Hale (You’re Awesome ThoughtFulls)
- Talk to yourself in a way that is kind and nurturing, because you are listening. (Feeling Grateful)
- Listen to the kind, wise, and knowing things people say about you. Believe them. (Fight On)
- Love the way you change your mind. Love the fact that you are not the same person you used to be. Love the person you are becoming. (Love Who You Are)
- Remember that life is beautiful, and it is hard, and you get better at it. (You Already Are)
- “You change the world by being yourself.” —Yoko Ono (You’re Wonderful ThoughtFulls)
- Say yes to the moment. Say yes to adventures. Say yes to your wonderful life. (Life Is Beautiful Spiral Notebook_
- “…the person you are is like nobody else on the planet.” —Toni Morrison (Celebrating You ThoughtFulls)
- “…remember who you always were.” —Michelle Obama (The Story of You)
- “Your efforts extend like ripples on the ocean, much further than you know.” —Richelle E. Goodrich (“We can begin…” Softcover Journal)
- “…you can slow down… You’re enough. You’ve always been enough.” —Dr. Thema Bryant (Take Good Care)
- “Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” —Susan Weiss Berry (“The price we pay…” Softcover Journal)
- “Your life, right now, today, is exploding with energy and power and detail and dimension...” —Shauna Niequist (The Possibility of You)
Explore gifts to celebrate your possibilities, honor your values, and ground the coming year here.